The stone in the front, we've discovered, is stamped cement. There's a layer of dirt on top of it making it look lighter than it will ultimately be.
Our front porch! Or, as Bryony points out, it's really the front walkway because the porch will be recessed into the house and hasn't been poured yet.
And, right next to the house...a pile o' sticks! I wonder what that means.
Then, just as we were leaving, Bryony looked up and exclaimed, "Holy moly! More sticks!" Apparently they decided to unload the bulk o' the wood on the flatter property across the street.
I think framing is imminent.
And, just because I wanted to...here's a shot of me standing in our home, looking all pensive and dramatic.
One interesting point of note that we'd like to point out for you to note:
There be no window wells here. Remember these...?
Well, they didn't use them. Nada. None. No. Nope. Nothing. If you look back at the foundation in previous posts you'll see, and then maybe you'll believe.
Window wells are a myth of the past...
2 comments:
Doesn't my husband look buff and hot?
That picture was taken from one corner of the basement looking to the opposite corner. Charles just happened to be standing there being...you know...pensive and dramatic...(and hot, and buff).
I only look 'hot' because I'm wearing a full beard in the summer. Well, it's not really summer. But still, it's too warm for a full beard. What am I thinking?
Post a Comment